Monday, January 19, 2009

President Obama's Inauguration





Hi Friends! I just got home from my National Sales Meeting. And yes, I know President Obama's inauguration is going to happen in an hour or so for those of you in Washington, D.C.



I wish I could follow the ceremony live, but thanks to the great connection speed offerred by Maxis, the live feed will appear broken and stunted. So I will have to catch it on Youtube much later or something like that. Sigh... but I'm so happy that after months and years... he is finally President! Yay! For those of you who had been following my blog ever so faithfully for the past 6 months or more will know that I had been campaigning for him as much as I can, against Hillary and McCain. Phew... a good battle won, and change is coming to America! A tough one though...



Do you know what is the oath that is traditionally taken by the new President of the United States?



"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God."



And I am indeed looking forward to know which Scripture will President Obama turn to, for his swearing-in. And also looking forward to hear his inaugural address :)



Congrats President Obama!



4 Comments:

Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

I salute!

Nicely done and presented! let's see the change...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

If the naysayers will only give Obama a chance to implement the changes he's talked about I believe the United States will be on a very different and better path than we are on at the moment!
I have to agree with MysLykeMeeh...nice presented! Thanks for sharing, John!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:00:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish you could have seen the inauguration live ... it was really something! It seems that everyone ... regardless of how they voted ... feels hopeful!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for dropping by, Mys Lyke Meeh, Donna & Small Footprints :)

Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home